kafka-users mailing list archives

From "TSANG, Brilly" <brilly.ts...@hk.daiwacm.com>
Subject Does Kafka consumer api provide a way for you to search for partition number of a topic with key?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 02:08:02 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm working with a topic that have many messages. Kafka is scale horizontally. As a result,
when they spread out to multiple processes, only 1 will work with the specific key. The rest
are not related and should stop the processing.

Is there a way from the client API to hash the partition number from the key? With the partition
number, we can stop the other processor from wasting cycle and start processing other events
Regards,
Brilly

________________________________

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachment(s) are intended solely for the person(s) named above, and are
or may contain information of a proprietary or confidential nature. If you are not the intended
recipient(s), you should delete this message immediately. Any use, disclosure or distribution
of this message without our prior consent is strictly prohibited.
This message may be subject to errors, incomplete or late delivery, interruption, interception,
modification, or may contain viruses. Neither Daiwa Capital Markets Hong Kong Limited, its
subsidiaries, affiliates nor their officers or employees represent or warrant the accuracy
or completeness, nor accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any use of or reliance
upon, this email or any of the contents hereof. The contents of this message are for information
purposes only, and subject to change without notice.
This message is not and is not intended to be an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any
securities or financial products, nor does any recommendation, opinion or advice necessarily
reflect those of Daiwa Capital Markets Hong Kong Limited, its subsidiaries or affiliates.