kafka-users mailing list archives

From "TSANG, Brilly" <brilly.ts...@hk.daiwacm.com>
Subject RE: can't feed remote broker with producer demo
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2018 02:50:44 GMT
Hi Rotem,

I'm not 100% sure but you can try set listeners in <kafka_home>\config\server.properties
and see if that help.

Regards,
Brilly

-----Original Message-----
From: Rotem Jacobi [mailto:rotemj@radcom.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 11:16 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: can't feed remote broker with producer demo

Hi,
When running the quickstart guide (producer, broker (with zookeeper) and consumer on the same
machine) it works perfectly.
When trying to run the producer from another machine to feed the broker I'm getting an error
message:

C:\Development\kafka_2.11-0.11.0.0\bin\windows>kafka-console-producer.bat --broker-list
172.16.40.125:9092 --topic test
>test_message
>[2018-01-22 17:14:44,240] ERROR Error when sending message to topic
>test with key: null, value: 12 bytes with error:
>(org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 1 record(s) for test-0: 2298 ms
has passed since batch creation plus linger time Any idea?
Is there any broker configuration that I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Rotem.

________________________________

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachment(s) are intended solely for the person(s) named above, and are
or may contain information of a proprietary or confidential nature. If you are not the intended
recipient(s), you should delete this message immediately. Any use, disclosure or distribution
of this message without our prior consent is strictly prohibited.
This message may be subject to errors, incomplete or late delivery, interruption, interception,
modification, or may contain viruses. Neither Daiwa Capital Markets Hong Kong Limited, its
subsidiaries, affiliates nor their officers or employees represent or warrant the accuracy
or completeness, nor accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any use of or reliance
upon, this email or any of the contents hereof. The contents of this message are for information
purposes only, and subject to change without notice.
This message is not and is not intended to be an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any
securities or financial products, nor does any recommendation, opinion or advice necessarily
reflect those of Daiwa Capital Markets Hong Kong Limited, its subsidiaries or affiliates.