kafka-users mailing list archives

From Brett Rann <br...@zendesk.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Kafka 1.0 upgrade
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 01:07:15 GMT
we run a 1.0.1 prerelease in production just fine, but the scale is
smaller. 20+ clusters with 3-10 brokers each, each cluster with about 120
topics and about 15k partitions. We have unusual messages sizes, so peaks
of around 40k messages, 60MB in,  400MB out, per sec in the largest one.

we run a pre-release because of this:

Which seems applicable to you. I wouldn't recommend upgrading the
log.message.format without that fix.

Why not test it out?