kafka-users mailing list archives

From Алекс Турс <goldenflame...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambiguous entry in docs
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 07:59:13 GMT
Hi.

I read (mostly) all documentation top to bottom and happened to stumble
upon passage I cannot understand. It states:

https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#impl_consumerregistration

"If the consumer creates a message stream using a topic filter, it also
registers a watch on changes (new topics being added) under the broker
topic registry. (Each change will trigger re-evaluation of the available
topics to determine which topics are allowed by the topic filter. A new
allowed topic will trigger rebalancing among all consumers within the
consumer group.)"

So, what are these topic filters? And what is message stream for consumer?
Googling on that shows couple of SO questions and rare links to streams api.

Best regards,

Alex