kafka-users mailing list archives

From Gustavo Torres <gustavo.tor...@catho.com>
Subject Problem with multiple Kafka Streams
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 16:57:26 GMT
Hi there:

This is the first time I'm posting on the mailing list. Actually, it's the
first time I'm working with Kafka and I'm having trouble setting up a Kafka
Streams app (using Kafka 1.0).

I have two instances of my app, each one running a Kafka Stream and both
having the same AppID.
My topic has 4 partitions and each stream is configured with 2 threads.

I verified that both streams have partitions assigned and both states are
Running.

The problem I'm having is this: the first app runs and starts consuming 2
partitions while the second one consumes nothing although its state is
Running.

I will appreciate any help with this issue since I've trying to solve this
for days!

Best
Gustavo