kafka-users mailing list archives

From Shivam Sharma <28shivamsha...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka is going OutOfMemory every time when I increase max.fetch.bytes.per.partition.
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 15:53:07 GMT
Hi

My kafka(0.11.0) with G1 GC is going OutOfMemory every time when I am
consuming one topic with 6 partition.

I have increase my *max.fetch.bytes.per.partition* to *10MB* because some
of messages are pretty big(very less). But when I ran with same
configuration for long time my Kafka broker got OutOfMemory.

Kafka Heap: 4GB

What can be the reason of Memory Leak here? Actually we are going to
analyze Heap dump of Kafka but any help would be very useful.

Thanks
--
Shivam Sharma
Data Engineer @ Goibibo