kafka-users mailing list archives

From Rotem Jacobi <rot...@radcom.com>
Subject can't feed remote broker with producer demo
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:16:00 GMT
Hi,
When running the quickstart guide (producer, broker (with zookeeper) and consumer on the same
machine) it works perfectly.
When trying to run the producer from another machine to feed the broker I'm getting an error
message:

C:\Development\kafka_2.11-0.11.0.0\bin\windows>kafka-console-producer.bat --broker-list
172.16.40.125:9092 --topic test
>test_message
>[2018-01-22 17:14:44,240] ERROR Error when sending message to topic test with key: null,
value: 12 bytes with error: (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 1 record(s) for test-0: 2298 ms
has passed since batch creation plus linger time
Any idea?
Is there any broker configuration that I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Rotem.