kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dmitry Minkovsky <dminkov...@gmail.com>
Subject Streams: Why is ForwardingCacheFlushListener internal? Can I replicate its functionality in my code?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 02:19:22 GMT
I am writing a processor and I want its stores to behave like KTables: For
consistency, I don't want to forward values until the stores have been
flushed.

I am looking at `ForwardingCacheFlushListener` and see that it is using
`InternalProcessorContext` to change the current node, perform a forward,
and then set the node back.

Now, I could do the same (`InternalProcessorContext` is public), but:
should I? I'm not well versed in the internals, so I am wondering what the
ramifications of this might be. Is this okay to do? Should I?