kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joe Hammerman <jhammer...@squarespace.com.INVALID>
Subject Kafka Transactions with a stretch cluster
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 01:40:32 GMT
Good evening Apache Kafka users group,

I am architecting an Apache Kafka 5 node stretch cluster for 2 datacenters.
If we set min.isr to 4 and acks to 4, it would seem that we have a full
record of consumer and producer events on at least one node should
datacenter 1 get hit by a meteor.

Reviewing output of:

./bin/kafka-consumer-groups.sh --bootstrap-server localhost:9092 --describe

On each node, one node should have a LAG value of 1 and the other should
have a value of 0 for each parititon -- can I rely on that to compile an
authoritative broker to elect?  Is the data I'm looking for easier to
retrieve if I use a zookeeper ensemble to record the offsets and perform
elections? Or should I simply set acks=all?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide,
Joseph Hammerman