kafka-users mailing list archives

From Devendar Rao <devendar.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Partition rebalancing when both leader and follower is down?
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2018 20:45:13 GMT
Hi,

I don't see partition rebalancing happening when both leader and replica
nodes are down for a given partition. The partition's leader is set to -1;
but never gets fixed. I manually assign the partition using
"kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh".  Does kafka not balance the
partitions automatically for this case?

I've this setting; I'm using kafka-0.10.2 version
and auto.leader.rebalance.enable is set to true

Error:
Leader for partition *my-topic* unavailable for fetching offset, wait for
metadata refresh

Thanks