kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dylan Martin <dmar...@istreamplanet.com>
Subject Recovering Under Replicated Partitions
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2018 00:12:06 GMT
Hi all.

I've got a cluster of 3 brokers with around 50 topics.  Several topics are under replicated.
 Everything I've seen says I need to restart the followers to fix that.  All my under replicated
topics have the same broker as the leader.  That makes me think it's a leader problem and
not a follower problem.

Also, I don't want to disrupt the topics that aren't under replicated while I restart the
followers.  Is there a way to do the same thing as a restart, but on a topic by topic basis?
 Is there a way to remove a broker from a topic and then re-add it?  Wouldn't that do that
same thing as restarting it?

Thank you all!

-Dylan

The information contained in this email message, and any attachment thereto, is confidential
and may not be disclosed without the sender's express permission. If you are not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment thereto,
in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender by telephone, fax or email and delete the message and all of
its attachments. Thank you.