kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Anand, Uttam" <Uttam.An...@BNSF.com>
Subject kafka offset replication factor - Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 21:25:16 GMT
Hi ,

I am getting an issue while producing and consuming messages. I have just one kafka broker
and one zookeeper. So I have given replication factor of all topics as 1.
I don't know from where is it trying to get replication factor as 3.

In my server.properties file I have already defined -:

offsets.topic.replication.factor=1
transaction.state.log.replication.factor=1
transaction.state.log.min.isr=1

[2018-03-21 15:54:28,249] ERROR [KafkaApi-0] Number of alive brokers '1' does not meet the
required replication factor '3' for the offsets topic (configured via 'offsets.topic.replication.factor').
This error can be ignored if the cluster is starting up and not all brokers are up yet. (kafka.server.KafkaApis)

Thanks
Uttam