kafka-users mailing list archives

From 许志峰 <zhifengx...@gmail.com>
Subject can not get metadata when one of brokers is down
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2018 09:21:06 GMT
Hi all,

I have a Kafka cluster with 3 nodes,

props.put("bootstrap.servers", "node1:9092, node2:9092, node3:9092")

as I known,  when a producer is created by  new KafkaProducer(props) and
wants to send a message, it will first choose a broker in the list
[node1,node2,node3], connect with it and request the metadata.

BUT, when the chosen broker is unavailable, the producer will blocked for
metadata.fetch.timeout.ms, default 60,000ms, and then throw a
TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms.

when setting props.put("bootstrap.servers", "node1:9092, node2:9092,
node3:9092"), but node2 is dead, OR setting  props.put("bootstrap.servers",
"node1:9092, node5:9092"),(node5 dose not exist) one broker node1 is
enough, I add some wrong brokers.

There are chances that the producer chooses an unavailable(dead/not exists)
broker to request metadata, and get a Exception.

Why wouldn't the producer try to get metadata from other brokers ?

The producer called waitOnMetadata, and wake up the sender, what happened
next? In which Java file can I find related source codes?

Thank you for your attention!

Best regards!