kafka-users mailing list archives

From Björn Häuser <bjoernhaeu...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka Streams Internal Topic Retention not applied
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:23:06 GMT
Hello Everyone,

we are running a Kafka Streams Application with does time window aggregates (using kafka 1.0.0).

Unfortunately one of the changelog topics is now growing quite a bit in size maxing out the
brokers. I did not find any settings in the kafka stream properties to configure retention
and went ahead and set it retention.bytes to 15gb. Unfortunately this does not seem to apply
and the topic size is still around 140gb.

Is this intended? I could not find any documentation about setting the retention size for
the internal topics.

Thanks
Björn