kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Young, Ben" <Ben.Yo...@fisglobal.com>
Subject RE: Issue deleting topic on Windows
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:41:39 GMT
Sorry, I forgot to mention we're using version: kafka_2.12-1.0.0

-----Original Message-----
From: Young, Ben [mailto:Ben.Young@fisglobal.com]
Sent: 20 March 2018 09:37
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Issue deleting topic on Windows

Hi,

We have an issue in our dev environments when running on Windows. To provide a clean environment
for testing we tear down the topics and recreate them, but deleting the topics is causing
the server to crash. We then need to delete the logs directory for it to be able to restart,
it doesn't seem to be able to recover.

The backtrace is below. I wonder if something still has a handle open on the folder before
the rename is attempted?

Thanks,
Ben

[2018-03-20 09:31:24,969] INFO [ReplicaFetcherManager on broker 0] Removed fetcher for partitions
TradeFeed-3 (kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherManager)
[2018-03-20 09:31:25,012] ERROR Error while deleting TradeFeed-3 in dir f:\tmp\kafka-logs.
(kafka.server.LogDirFailureChannel)
java.io.IOException: Failed to rename log directory from f:\tmp\kafka-logs\TradeFeed-3 to
f:\tmp\kafka-logs\TradeFeed-3.23a377d8b9b042a9853adc5deec53a2f-delete
        at kafka.log.LogManager.asyncDelete(LogManager.scala:671)
        at kafka.cluster.Partition.$anonfun$delete$1(Partition.scala:178)
        at kafka.utils.CoreUtils$.inLock(CoreUtils.scala:217)
        at kafka.utils.CoreUtils$.inWriteLock(CoreUtils.scala:225)
        at kafka.cluster.Partition.delete(Partition.scala:173)
        at kafka.server.ReplicaManager.stopReplica(ReplicaManager.scala:341)
        at kafka.server.ReplicaManager.$anonfun$stopReplicas$2(ReplicaManager.scala:373)
        at scala.collection.Iterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:929)
        at scala.collection.Iterator.foreach$(Iterator.scala:929)
        at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1417)
        at scala.collection.IterableLike.foreach(IterableLike.scala:71)
        at scala.collection.IterableLike.foreach$(IterableLike.scala:70)
        at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54)
        at kafka.server.ReplicaManager.stopReplicas(ReplicaManager.scala:371)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis.handleStopReplicaRequest(KafkaApis.scala:190)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis.handle(KafkaApis.scala:104)
        at kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandler.run(KafkaRequestHandler.scala:65)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[2018-03-20 09:31:25,013] INFO [ReplicaManager broker=0] Stopping serving replicas in dir
f:\tmp\kafka-logs (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.
by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.