kafka-users mailing list archives

From Zoran <zoran.ljubi...@bulbtech.com>
Subject Re: Setting topic's offset from the shell
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 07:40:04 GMT
The procedure you have suggested is good for replaying everything from
the very beginning, but I would like to replay messages from an
arbitrary offset.

On the backend I have a ClickHouse table that listens Kafka topic with
its group_id.

In case of problems between ClickHouse table and Kafka, I would like to
replay messages that are missing from the ClickHouse table.

As I can't do anything on the ClickHouse side (there are just specified
topic and group parameters), I need a mechanism to set the offset from
the outside.

In order to minimize complexity of the operation, I would like to set
the offset from Kafka shell scripts if possible.