kafka-users mailing list archives

From "chou.fan" <chou....@ximalaya.com>
Subject Upgrade choice between 0.11.0 and 1.0.1
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:07:03 GMT
Hi, we are planning to upgrade our kafka cluster to benefit from the new feature of transactional
processing. There are two alternatives: 0.11.0 and 1.0.1 so far.

Maybe I didn’t look into the new changes so deeply but I notice that 1.0 haven't add some
new features makes it so distinguishable from old versions (like streams in 0.10 and transaction
event in 0.11). So it makes me wander is there any upgrade version plan like 0.12 that continue
with 0.

Could anyone give me some advices about the upgrade version choice. Should I stick with 0.11
version or just upgrade to 1.x version?

Plus, I notice that on github there is no 0.12 version yet, so I suppose 1.0.1 is a better
choice?