kafka-users mailing list archives

From Arunkumar <pm_arunku...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Monitoring and Alerting
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 22:05:41 GMT
HI All
I am working on setting up Monitoring and alerting for our production cluster. As of now we
have a cluster of 3 zookeeper and 3 kafka Brokers which will expand later.
We are planning for basic metrics (important ones) on which we need to alert. We are in a
process of developing alerting system for our cluster. I googled and did not get much detail
as needed.
I see many say the following ones are important and I understand these are aggregate metrics
across cluster (I may not be right).kafka.server:type=ReplicaManager,name=UnderReplicatedPartitionskafka.controller:type=KafkaController,name=OfflinePartitionsCountkafka.controller:type=KafkaController,name=ActiveControllerCount
But I am looking for broker,topic etc metrics to alert. Can any one provide info or point
to any docs on this regards will be of great help.            Thanks in advance

ThanksArunkumar Pichaimuthu, PMP