kafka-users mailing list archives

From Frederic Arno <frederica...@gmail.com>
Subject kafka-streams TopologyTestDriver problem with EXACTLY_ONCE
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:03:12 GMT
Hello,

I can't successfully test my processing application which require
EXACTLY_ONCE processing guarantee using the new TopologyTestDriver. I
always get the following exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: MockProducer hasn't been initialized
for transactions

The tests all work fine as soon as I set PROCESSING_GUARANTEE_CONFIG to
AT_LEAST_ONCE.

Am I doing something wrong?

Kafka developpers can reproduce this by adding:
put(StreamsConfig.PROCESSING_GUARANTEE_CONFIG, StreamsConfig.EXACTLY_ONCE);

to line 88 of TopologyTestDriverTest:
streams/test-utils/src/test/java/org/apache/kafka/streams/TopologyTestDriverTest.java

Thanks, Fred