kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Bharti <ashutosh.bha...@hotmail.com>
Subject Kafka behaviour on contolled shutdown of brokers
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:31:49 GMT
I have a kafka cluster  with 6 brokers and over 60 topics, with a replication factor of either
2 or 3. We plan to replace all the existing brokers with new nodes.

 I have 2 questions:

 i) once we add 6 new nodes to the cluster making it total 12 nodes, and shut down old brokers
one by one, will the topics move to new brokers automatically?

ii) If not, we will have to move them using the reassignment tool, in that case do we need
to '__consumer_offsets' topic as well, or kafka will take care of that itself?

Regards,
Ashutosh