kafka-users mailing list archives

From adrien ruffie <adriennolar...@hotmail.fr>
Subject RE: join 2 topic streams --> to another topic
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 07:16:25 GMT
Hello Matthias,

thank for your response. I will try to read the blog post today.

For the keys, not really, In fact, keys are always the same "symbol" of a STOCK example "YHOO",
"INTC" and they never change.

Do you with I need to use another key ? Or add a timestamp to the key ?

For single stock join with multiple dividends, I didn't think about it before ... is it possible
?

For join depending of timestamps why not, is it possible with windowing ?

Thank Matthias

Adrien

________________________________
De : Matthias J. Sax <matthias@confluent.io>
Envoyé : dimanche 8 avril 2018 23:04:24
À : users@kafka.apache.org
Objet : Re: join 2 topic streams --> to another topic

Check out this blog post that explain how the different joins work:
https://www.confluent.io/blog/crossing-streams-joins-apache-kafka/

It's hard to give a general answer -- it depends on the context of your
application. Are keys unique? Do you want to get exactly one result or
should a single stock join with multiple dividends? Do you want Stock
and Dividend join depending the their timestamps?

-Matthias

On 4/8/18 1:34 PM, adrien ruffie wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have 2 topics streamed by KStream<String, Stock> and one KStream<String, Dividend>
>
> I want to merge both object's informations (Stock & Dividend) and send to  another
topic

> with for example <String, DividendStockJoin>
>

> The <String> key of 2 two topic is the same. I need to use, leftJoin, merge, KTable,
>
> what is the best solution ? What do you think ?
>

> Moreover, how can I make sure the timestamp are pretty much the same? (for merging same
key at the same time produced) Example: