kafka-users mailing list archives

From Javier Holguera <javier.holgu...@zopa.com>
Subject KeyValueStore implementation that allows retention policy
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 17:23:03 GMT
Hi,

I have a look around the "state" folder in Kafka Streams and I realised that only WindowStore
and SessionStore allows configuring a retention policy.

Looking a bit further, it seems that RocksDbSegmentedBytesStore is the main way to implement
a store that can clean itself up based on retention. Internally, this class is pretty much
a manager for a collection of Segments. Each Segment is actually a subclass of RocksDbStore.

Would it make sense to create a wrapper that adapts from SegmentedBytesStore to KeyValueStore
so we can have an implementation that not only does what RocksDbStore does today, but also
allows configuring a retention policy? Is there a reason for this not having been implemented
yet?

Thanks.