kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ismael Juma <ism...@juma.me.uk>
Subject Re: Kafka bug ISR expands/shrinks "Count" JMX attribute doesn't work as expected
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2018 22:20:33 GMT
How are you checking these metrics? They are per leader. That is, if broker
A is the leader for topic partition topic-0 and broker B is a follower,
then shutting down broker B should cause the IsrShrinksPerSec for broker A
to be updated. You would also something like the following in the
server.log of broker A:

"Shrinking ISR from %s to %s"

Ismael