kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joris Meijer <jo...@axual.io>
Subject Re: Monitoring Kafka
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2018 12:42:38 GMT
You can do this without exposing the JMX port, e.g. by using a Prometheus
exporter as javaagent (https://github.com/prometheus/jmx_exporter).

Metricsreporters, such as the one from Confluent, also don't require you to
open ports, because metrics will be pushed out of the broker (
https://docs.confluent.io/current/kafka/metrics-reporter/metrics-reporter.html
).

Joris