kafka-users mailing list archives

From adrien ruffie <adriennolar...@hotmail.fr>
Subject RE: Is KTable cleaned up automatically in a Kafka streams application?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 12:28:09 GMT
Hi Mihaela,

by default a KTable already have a log compacted behavior.

therefore you don't need to manually clean up.

Best regards,

Adrien

________________________________
De : Mihaela Stoycheva <mihaela.stoycheva@gmail.com>
Envoyé : jeudi 19 avril 2018 13:41:22
À : users@kafka.apache.org
Objet : Is KTable cleaned up automatically in a Kafka streams application?

Hello,

I have a Kafka Streams application that is consuming from two topics and
internally aggregating, transforming and joining data. I am using KTable as
result of aggregation and my question is if KTables are cleaned using some
mechanism of Kafka Streams or is this something that I have to do manually
- clean up old state that is not longer needed?

Regards,
Mihaela Stoycheva