kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Zieger, Antoine" <Antoine.Zie...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Consumer/Producer different kerberos.service.name same jvm
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 17:55:41 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to transfer data between two kerberized kafka clusters. In the same JVM I instanciate
Consumer
-              Service name s1
-              Broker address: host1:1234
Producer
-              Service name s2
-              Broker address: host2:5678

So as you see consumer and producer have different configurations. In the jaas config, the
client principal is s1.
In my java code I use kafka 0.10.2 but the brokers are 0.10.0.1

In the Kerberos debug logs I see an error that I don't really understand:
Client Principal = s1@something
Server Principal = s2/host1:1234@something

Why would this s2 /host1 combination connect to Kerberos?
Also I tried to instantiate the Producer or Consumer first and it seems that the service name
is always corresponding to the first one instantiated. Is that because I can't have two service
names in one JVM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Antoine

________________________________
NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained
herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section
975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the
sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent required and/or permitted under applicable
law, to monitor electronic communications, including telephone calls with Morgan Stanley personnel.
This message is subject to the Morgan Stanley General Disclaimers available at the following
link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers.  If you cannot access the links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By communicating with Morgan Stanley
you acknowledge that you have read, understand and consent, (where applicable), to the foregoing
and the Morgan Stanley General Disclaimers.