kafka-users mailing list archives

From Kanagha <er.kana...@gmail.com>
Subject Building schema-registry module fails - kafka-connect-hdfs FAQ
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 17:40:04 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to build kafka-connect-hdfs separately by following this FAQ -
https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-connect-hdfs/wiki/FAQ

While compiling schema-registry, I get the following error:

[*INFO*] -------------------------------------------------------------

[*ERROR*] COMPILATION ERROR :

[*INFO*] -------------------------------------------------------------

[*ERROR*]
/Users/workspacename/kafka-connect/schema-registry/client/src/main/java/io/confluent/kafka/schemaregistry/client/security/basicauth/SaslBasicAuthCredentialProvider.java:[40,42]
cannot find symbol

  symbol:   method
loadClientContext(java.util.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.Object>)

  location: class org.apache.kafka.common.security.JaasContext

[*INFO*] 1 error

We are using kafka 0.11 version and kafka connect binaries in our platform.
Hence trying to integrate kafka-connect-hdfs into the existing platform.

I see using kafka-connect-hdfs is supported outside of confluent platform
by following this link -
https://github.com/confluentinc/kafka-connect-hdfs/issues/175

Appreciate any inputs/suggestions. Thanks!