kafka-users mailing list archives

From Gangadhar Mylapuram <gangadha...@gmail.com>
Subject How to do failover in case of single replica topics on 3 node kafka cluster
Date Wed, 09 May 2018 15:18:28 GMT
Hi,
I have 3-node cluster with a single replica topic with three partitions. I
am not using 3-way replica topic because my broker is using distributed
backed.

Node1: broker1  -> log.dir=/nfsexport/broker1 (say partition1 owner)
Node2: broker2  -> log.dir=/nfsexport/broker2 (say partition2 owner)
Node3: broker3  -> log.dir=/nfsexport/broker3 (say partition3 owner)

If broker1 goes down, how can I access the partion1? I read that either
broker2 or broker3
will become the owner of the partition1. How the broker2/broker3 can access
the partition1
related data that is persisted on /nfsexport/broker1? Do we need to spawn
broker1 on Node2?
How can we do that?

Thanks, Gangadhar