kafka-users mailing list archives

From "M. Manna" <manme...@gmail.com>
Subject Round-Robin assignment when non-nullable record key
Date Thu, 31 May 2018 13:54:29 GMT
Hello,

I can see the this has been set as "KIP required".

I have a use case where I simply want to use the key as some metadata
information (but not really for any messages), but ideally would like to
round-robin partition assignment. All I understand is, unless a hash
collision happens, a key will have a specific partition

Could a PMC member please confirm if a KIP has been made available for
voting etc., or is this still pending?

Also, is it meanwhile safe to extends DefaultPartitioner and use
round-robin condition for both Null/non-null keys as override?

Regards,