kafka-users mailing list archives

From "M. Manna" <manme...@gmail.com>
Subject Log Cleanup Support for Windows [KAFKA-1194]
Date Wed, 09 May 2018 13:51:27 GMT
Hello,

This issue has been outstanding for a while and impacting us both in
development and deployment time. We have had to manually build kafka core
jar and use it to work with Windows for over a year. The auto log/index
cleanup feature is very important for us on Windows because it helps us
avoid potential downtime for brokers so that they can be removed manually.

I have raised 2 pull requests so far but it was not considered at all. The
patch is quite simply but works with both Win/Linux platforms without
impacting any existing operation. The latest pull request is here

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4947

I would be grateful if someone kindly considers this issue as Windows is
still a valid platform and we would like to utilise the cleanup
functionality that comes out of the box.

Regards,