kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dan Gal <dan7...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka brokers listen on multiple ports
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 11:01:03 GMT
Hello!

I have a few kafka clusters that communicate over 2 distinct ports (because
of a firewall between the newer clusters and the old ones). this is pretty
uncomfortable, so I would like to move the old default port to the new one
(that passes the firewall) through all my cluster.

All my clusters currently run kafka version 0.10.0.0.

For the deployment to pass silently, I thought to add the new port
alongside the old one in the older clusters for a transition period.

Is it possible to use 2 different ports for the same protocol (PLAINTEXT)
in the broker configuration? Can I simply put 2 connection strings in the
*listeners* config?

Thank you!
Dan