kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ansel Zandegran <Ansel.Zandeg...@infor.com>
Subject KafkaMetricsReporter implementing BrokerMetricsReporterMBean not calling stopReporter()
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2018 12:46:50 GMT
Hi,
We have implemented a reporter implementing BrokerMetricsReporterMBean.
We run in embedded mode. Reporters are started using
kafkaMetricsReporters =
          KafkaMetricsReporter$.MODULE$.startReporters(new VerifiableProperties(kafkaProperties));
kafkaServer = new KafkaServer(kafkaConfig,
                                  Time.SYSTEM,
                                  threadNamePrefix,
                                  kafkaMetricsReporters);
kafkaServer.startup();

startReporter is getting called but stopReporter() is not getting called during kafkaServer.shutdown().
We cannot have shutdown hooks in our environment.
Am I doing something wrong? How do I stop reporters?

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,
Ansel