kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Espinosa <espi...@gmail.com>
Subject Is possible to have an infinite delete.retention.ms?
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:25:38 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to setup a compaction policy on a topic where a message can be
deleted (GDPR..) using a tombstone with the same key that the message to be
removed. My problem is that I would like to use empty payload messages also
for identifying that an entity has been deleted, but these last messages
got deleted by compaction. So my whole data integrity goes to trash.

Mi idea is to modify the property delete.retention.ms in a way that
tombstones are not deleted. My questions are:

   - Can I set an infinite value for delete.rentention.ms the same way a
   can do it with retention.ms=-1?
   - Does this property (delete.rentention.ms) has any consequence on the
   compaction interval?

Thanks in advance,
David