kafka-users mailing list archives

From Debraj Manna <subharaj.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Is 0.11 inter broker protocol and log message format backward compatible with 0.10.0 ?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2018 06:11:52 GMT
Hi

I have seen the ugrade doc
<https://kafka.apache.org/0110/documentation.html#upgrade> for 0.11.

Let's say I am having a 3 node kafka broker cluster running 0.10 and no
inter.broker.protocol.version and log.message.format.version not added to
the server.properties in any of the brokers.

Can some one let me know if I just update the binaries in one of the broker
in a Kafka cluster 0.11 what is the expected behaviour?  Will the upgraded
broker node join the cluster? Will the cluster work as expected? Is 0.11
inter broker protocol and log message format backward compatible with
0.10.0 ?

Thanks,