kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dan Rosanova <dar...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Create a Topic if Not Exists
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2018 18:39:13 GMT
Hi Chinchu,
I thought the default behavior of Kafka was to create topics if you send to them and they
don't exist. I could be wrong. We had to support that in one of our products, so I am pretty
sure that's the default. You do need to be mindful of the default partition count though,
which I think is one.

Kind Regards,
-Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: chinchu chinchu <chinchutechie@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:06 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Create a Topic if Not Exists

Hi All,
I am looking for  a way to script(bash)  kafka topic creation . We have around 30 to 40 topics
that  need to be created on different envs . The intention is to make this process automated
,so looking for something like 'create topic if not exists' or similar  by looking at a return
code . Does something like this exist today ?.

Thanks,
Chinchu