kafka-users mailing list archives

From jan <rtm4...@googlemail.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Kafka on Windows
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 08:50:35 GMT
I tried using it just for learning a while back and wasted 3 days
because it's not supported on windows. Even basic stuff didn't work. I
did read the docs first!

I think I've seen other people on this list have questions
about/problems for exactly the same reason, and that could be a lot of
time saved if it was in the docs - it needs to be. So how do I ask the
maintainers to put 'No, Not Windows" in there?
Serious question.

I resent losing 3 days of work because of essential missing info. It
sounds like (compared to @M. Manna) that I got off lightly.

So can we put a clear caveat in the documentation, please, right at the top?

jan