kafka-users mailing list archives

From jan <rtm4...@googlemail.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Kafka on Windows
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 22:33:32 GMT
@Jacob Sheck: It was 18 months ago so I don't recall but I was told
clearly windows ain't supported when I reported problems.

I don't know if my problems were down to my inexperience or my use of
windows, but I basically assuming I was controlling for one variable
(n00bish inexperience) but was informed I now had two (n00bness, and
an unsupported platform).

tl;dr if it doesn't work on X, we need to say so clearly. It's just...
good manners, surely?

cheers

jan