kafka-users mailing list archives

From Manjunath N <manj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A Question about stopping brokers
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 10:34:01 GMT
Hi Kyle,

When below command is executed to get the pid of the kafka process the CMD column output text
is incomplete. It does not show process name kafka.kafka. Hence, the returned PID is blank
and it displays “No kafka server to stop”. I faced this issue in version 1.0.0 but no
tin 2.0.0.

ps ax | grep -i 'kafka\.Kafka' | grep java | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}’

Thanks
Manjunath

> On Aug 3, 2018, at 3:40 PM, Kyle.Hu <CreatorKey@163.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, ALL :
>      When I execute kafka-server-stop.sh in bin directory, I got an error “No kafka
server to stop” while my brokers running well, I don’t know how to stop it for a long
time, I always kill the precess when I like to stop it. What is the recommended way to stop
it ? Looking award to your reply.