kafka-users mailing list archives

From <jhel...@ups.com.INVALID>
Subject Kafka Streams - Merge vs. Join
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 19:06:38 GMT
Hi All,

              I am a little confused on the difference between the KStreamBuilder merge()
function and doing a KStream-to-KStream Join operation. I understand the difference between
Inner, Left and Outer joins, but I don't understand exactly what the difference is between
the two. It appears to me that both ways would merge two streams into a single stream, but
the joins do have the ability to remove duplicate data. Is that the only difference? Also,
on a side note, I am really clueless as to what the difference between Windowed and Windowless
means when referring to the joins.

              Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John Heller