kafka-users mailing list archives

From James Kwan <jwkwan2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need info
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 16:58:24 GMT
We have banking customers sending data from DB2 z to Kafka linux (not cloud) with transaction
rate 30K per seconds.  Kafka can handle more than this rate.

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 2:31 AM, Chanchal Chatterji <chanchal.chatterji@infosys.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the process of mainframe modernization, we are attempting to stream Mainframe data
to AWS Cloud , using Kafka.  We are planning to use Kafka 'Producer API' at mainframe side
and 'Connector API' on the cloud side.
> Since our data is processed by a module called 'Central dispatch' located in Mainframe
and is sent to Kafka.  We want to know what is rate of volume Kafka can handle.  The other
end of Kafka is connected to an AWS S3 Bucket
> As sink.  Please help us to provide this info or else please help to connect with relevant
person who can help us to understand this.