kafka-users mailing list archives

From John Roesler <j...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Controlled topics creation in Kafka cluster, how does that affect a Kafka Streams App that uses join?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 15:39:38 GMT
Hi Meeiling,

It sounds like "formal process" is more like "fill out a form beforehand"
than just "access controlled".

In that case, although it's somewhat of an internal detail, I think the
easiest thing would be to figure out what the name of the internal topics
will be and request their creation before you run the app.

The names of the internal topics is predictable, based on the application
id and the app topology, and it will be stable as long as you don't change
the app.

I think the simplest approach would be to run it locally and just see which
topics get created.

Does that help?
-John