kafka-users mailing list archives

From Emmett Butler <emm...@parsely.com>
Subject Big Log Retention
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2018 21:25:31 GMT
Hi users,

What's the biggest topic you've seen in production use? The factors I'm
interested in are log.retention.* config parameters and number of
partitions.

We run several 200-partition topics that have log retention set to roughly
1GB per partition. Is this big by common usage standards, or not so big?

I ask because we've had some situations in which ISRs appeared to take an
inordinately long time to synchronize, and I'm guessing this is partially
related to the need to shuttle around 1GB hunks of data.

--
Emmett Butler | Senior Software Engineer
<http://www.parsely.com/?utm_source=Signature&utm_medium=emmett-butler&utm_campaign=Signature>