kafka-users mailing list archives

From James Kwan <jwkwan2...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka on Eclipse Setup
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 01:49:35 GMT
Has anyone successfully set up an eclipse environment for Kafka on Windows?  I have tried many
times with different options but still have build issues with stream project.  There are always
some libraries missing.

The steps I used
1) Run git command in command prompt to download the Kafka.  I used windows command as well
as using eclipse GIT options
2) Run gradle command to build the base.
3) Run gradlew jar to build the jar file
4) Run gradlew eclipse command to build projects
5) In eclipse, use Import/General/Existing Projects into Workspace option to import all projects
6) Remove duplicate source entries in build path for core project
7) Remove test projects that caused not found error message in the build path for core project
8) Remove the dependence of test-utils lib in stream project build path to remove the build
cycle error.
9) after that I got whole bunch of class or path not defined messages.  I don’t know if
I need to fix them one by one or if there is any jar files that I need to include.

James