kafka-users mailing list archives

From James Kwan <jwkwan2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka on Eclipse Setup
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 22:35:36 GMT
Matthias,

Thanks for your suggestion but it did not work.  I finally have to remove all reference of
test libraries and just use main.  I was able to build all libraries without any errors.

James

> On Oct 15, 2018, at 12:45 PM, Matthias J. Sax <matthias@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> You can try to run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" can restart Eclipse afterwards.
>
> -Matthias
>
> On 10/15/18 8:41 AM, James Kwan wrote:
>> Vahid
>>
>> I have followed the link, but it does not resolve the stream compilation issues.
 I will try Manna’s suggestion.  The issue is not to start a zookeeper or Kafka.  I have
a Kafka running on my linux vm.  I want to create a build free environment so that I can start
writing some client and stream codes.  I can manually copy all Kafka related jar files but
is this the right way?  I thought after I download the codes from Github, everything should
work.