kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Kafka Streams, when is considered processed?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2018 18:23:19 GMT
A message is considered processed, if all state updates are done and all
output messages are written.

Note, that this notion of "processed" is based on sub-topologies, but
not the full topology.

Hope this helps.

-Matthias

On 10/18/18 4:28 AM, Tobias Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I can't find the following in the documentation.
>

> In a Kafka Streams application, I wonder for when a message is considered processed.
>

> For example for exactly-once configured, we are promised exactly-once processing. But
when is it considered processed, directly after consumption?

> Regards, Tobias
>

> Tobias Johansson
> Java Developer
> ????????????????
> NetEnt | Better Gaming(tm)
> T: +46 73 987 28 63<tel:+46%2073%20987%2028%2063>, M: +46 73 987 28 63<tel:+46%2073%20987%2028%2063>
> Tobias.Johansson@netent.com<mailto:Tobias.Johansson@netent.com>, www.netent.com
> Address: NetEnt AB (Publ), Vasagatan 16, 111 20, Stockholm, SE
> This email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and protected
by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not copy it or
disclose its contents to anyone. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the email. Views or opinions in this email are solely those
of the author. Unencrypted Internet communications are not secure and the sender does not
accept responsibility for interception of this message by third parties. This communication
is not intended to form a binding contract unless expressly indicated to the contrary and
properly authorized. The recipient should scan this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. The sender accepts no liability for any viruses transmitted in this email.