kafka-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Becker <Thomas.Bec...@tivo.com>
Subject Streams SessionStore - bug or documentation error?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2018 17:06:16 GMT
I've been experimenting with the streams SessionStore and found some behavior that contradicts
the javadoc. Specifically: I have a SessionStore, and put() a session with key K1 and session
of time T0-T5. I then call findSessions("K1", T2, T4) and it comes back empty. I would expect
the session to be returned since, according to the documentation that call fetches "any sessions
with the matching key and the sessions end is >= earliestSessionEndTime and the sessions
start is <= latestSessionStartTime" and obviously T5 >= T2 and T0 <= T4. From the
behavior I see, the third parameter to this method should be called "latestSession*End*Time".
That is, the method returns all sessions that end within the range given. Any thoughts?

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments) by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee
or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc.
by email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.