kafka-users mailing list archives

From Brett Rann <br...@zendesk.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: manually trigger log compaction
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 02:17:24 GMT
There's no way to "trigger compaction" per se, but you can use multiple
configs to
compel it. I've documented it in this ticket:

Essentially you can set min.cleanable.dirty.ratio=0 and segment.ms to make
sure  a new segment is rolled (compaction won't happen on the active
segment and if you care about that segment.ms lets you compel a new one)

And then it needs a message to come in to trigger the segment roll and
the compaction evaulation.

--

Brett Rann

Senior DevOps Engineer

Zendesk International Ltd

395 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia

Mobile: +61 (0) 418 826 017