kafka-users mailing list archives

From James Kwan <jwkwan2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka on Eclipse Setup
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:41:23 GMT
Vahid

I have followed the link, but it does not resolve the stream compilation issues.  I will try
Manna’s suggestion.  The issue is not to start a zookeeper or Kafka.  I have a Kafka running
on my linux vm.  I want to create a build free environment so that I can start writing some
client and stream codes.  I can manually copy all Kafka related jar files but is this the
right way?  I thought after I download the codes from Github, everything should work.

James

> On Oct 13, 2018, at 10:08 AM, Vahid Hashemian <vahid.hashemian@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This article was written a while back but still could help:
> https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/2016/06/06/how-to-develop-for-apache-kafka-using-eclipse/
>
> Regards!
> --Vahid
>
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 2:15 AM M. Manna <manmedia@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have done the following and it worked for me.
>>
>> 1) Manually removed and added the jar locations in eclipse run
>> configuration e.g. client, core, etc.
>> 2) Added program argument for log4j file and server properties, and
>> zookeeper properties.
>> 3) Started zookeeper first
>> 4) Then started Kafka.
>>
>> I never had any problem with Zookeeper, so I actually ran
>> zookeeper-server-start script to start zookeeper manually. In this way, I
>> only need to start Kafka in debug mode from Eclipse.
>>
>> Let me know if that helps.
>>

>> On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 at 02:49, James Kwan <jwkwan2000@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone successfully set up an eclipse environment for Kafka on
>>> Windows?  I have tried many times with different options but still have
>>> build issues with stream project.  There are always some libraries
>>> missing.
>>>
>>> The steps I used
>>> 1) Run git command in command prompt to download the Kafka.  I used
>>> windows command as well as using eclipse GIT options
>>> 2) Run gradle command to build the base.
>>> 3) Run gradlew jar to build the jar file
>>> 4) Run gradlew eclipse command to build projects