kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Kafka UnknownProducerIdException
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2018 21:49:09 GMT
This error is related to Kafka EOS feature. I am not familiar with
Golden Gate though.

The error can happen, if the state of a transactional producer is lost.
The state is stored in the topic itself, thus, it could be lost due to
long truncation (for example, if a producer does not send data for a
very long time, ie, longer than retention time).

-Matthias