kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tom Szumowski <tszumow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bemchmarks for KTable Joins and Queries
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 11:27:47 GMT
Thank you for the clarification. I understand they are fundamentally
different underneath than a relational database, and may not be fair to
compare directly.

But how about benchmarks that aren't a comparison from other databases?

At a high level, KTables provide a capability to query for data. Suppose I
have a requirement to fetch thr data in less than X milliseconds. It seems
fair to want to understand if a KTable can satisfy that capability under
some configuration, or if I need to seek alternate solutions.

And I imagine latency/throughout of KTable queries depend on the number of
consumers the query would have to touch to complete. For example, in
complex joins or filters. Or perhaps a trade-off with GlobalKTables...

That's the kind of information in terms of benchmarks I'd be interested in
knowing exists or not.

Thank you,

Tom